Abilities Expo New York Metro is now underway at the New Jersey Convention Center in Edison, NJ. It’s everything you need to know under one roof. For more than 30 years, Abilities Expo has been running this great event for the community of people with disabilities, their families, seniors, veterans and healthcare professionals. Where else can you discover ability-enhancing products and services, play a few adaptive sports, learn new dance moves, attend informative workshops and only scratch the surface of what Abilities Expo has to offer? And it’s free. Bussani Mobility Team will be there. Hope to see you there, too.
The lead story in our January/February issue of the “Behind the Wheel at Bussani” customer enewsletter was all about starting the year off right with a safe exercise program. HOPEFitness (a fitness center on Long Island that’s dedicated to individuals with all types of disabilities) gave us some very practical tips.
The newsletter also talks about:
–How to Save Money on Auto Care –How John DeVeglio Got His Independence Back –New York Mobility Club –Who is Andrew Parente? –and…A Little History About Bussani
The winners of the “National Mobility Awareness Month” contest have been announced — and each of them has been awarded a customized wheelchair accessible van! They are:
• Alberto Cruz (from Connecticut) – Last summer, the 15-year-old became paralyzed while surfing on Narragansett Beach, R.I. Despite grueling therapy sessions after the accident, Cruz chose to continue his schooling and remain connected with his community. This moved his teacher, Lynn Frazier, who nominated him as a Local Hero. “Heroes attract other heroes. Alberto’s courage touched something deep inside my students and their families,” said Frazier. “It planted a seed of hope in our community.”
• Ken Davert (from Michigan) – Managing his own cerebral palsy, Ken and his family are also coping with wife Missy’s and their 13-year-old twins’ (Austin and Michaela) osteogenesis imperfecta (which is a brittle bone condition). The family is active in their community from Michaela in Girl Scouts to Missy as a [...]
So you’ve got a wheelchair van – and you’re traveling safely in style! Now, how do you make the most of your investment? What’s the best way to manage your wheelchair accessible van maintenance?
We asked Bussani Mobility Team’s Service and Production Manager, Dan Walsh, to share some of his best tips for making sure your wheelchair accessible vehicle goes the distance.
1. Use It – Letting a vehicle sit around can be just as harmful as excessive use. Did you know that a three-year-old wheelchair van with under 10,000 miles will often need new tires or hoses or gaskets, all due to dry rot? Keeping your vehicle on the move helps slow down corrosion.
2. Regular Maintenance – Keeping up with your scheduled maintenance is as important to your conversion as oil is to your engine. That includes proper lubricants, alignment, and most important, upgrades.
3. Find a Service Facility You Trust – Don’t [...]
This year’s NY Auto Show at the Javits Center was as spectacular as it has always been. Some of the engineering marvels and futuristic concept cars just had to be seen to be believed! Take the Terrafugia Transition (a flying car!) or the SRT Viper (one of the world’s fastest cars with 640 horsepower and 600 pound-feet of torque).
Bussani Mobility Team was there, too, at the NMEDA (National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association) booth. Our featured products may not have been quite as fantastic and flamboyant as some of the others, but they do change people’s lives. We showcased a Braun Entervan fitted for use by people with physical disabilities – and we helped spread the word to the general population about wheelchair accessible vans and other adaptive automotive solutions that are available today.
We were also proud to take part, through the Wounded Warrior Project, in donating a wheelchair accessible van to a disabled American [...]
We’ve just unveiled a new advertising campaign that encourages people with physical disabilities to go out and live their dreams!The ads are also designed to raise awareness of adaptive automotive solutions among the general public.
Carrying a tag line of “If You Can Dream It, We Can Get You There,” the ads feature inspiring photos of people in wheelchairs living active lifestyles, with the adaptive vehicles provided by Bussani Mobility Team giving them full access to all that life has to offer. The campaign focuses on the key lifestyle segments of: Seniors, Families, Romance, Sports, and Adventure.
Click here to see the ad!
“Our vision has always been to help people with disabilities regain their ability to enjoy full and complete lives,” said Daniel Bussani, Vice President at Bussani Mobility Team. “Having a vehicle that’s been fitted to their special needs gives our customers a true gift…the experience of regaining their [...]