Preparing Your New or Used Handicap Van for Winter Driving
With frigid winter weather right around the corner, it’s important to take the necessary steps now to ensure that your new or used handicap van will be ready to get you around. There are a few proactive things you can do to help avoid accidents and breakdowns.
Most importantly, have your certified mobility equipment service technician check, service and lubricate all of your adaptive equipment. Also be sure to get an oil change and tune-up. And, ask your service professional to check your vehicle’s battery, antifreeze level, heater, brakes, defroster, and thermostat.
There are also some things you can also do yourself:
- Buy winter wiper blades that are designed to cut through snow and ice on your windshield.
- Always keep gas tank at least half full, as this will make it easier to start on cold winter days.
- Have tires rotated so the best ones are in the front for better traction.
- Use synthetic oil to make starting a cold engine easier.
- Replace your battery with one with greater starting power, higher cold cranking amps, and reserve capacity.
If you are in need of a new or used handicap van before winter driving conditions set in, visit Bussani Mobility. We are your local, leading mobility experts who can help you find the right vehicle for your needs, and keep you mobile in all seasons.