9 Holiday Gift Ideas for Your Loved One Living with a Physical Disability
If you haven’t yet started to create your gift list, it’s time to get to it. Here are a few ideas of what to consider for family members or friends living with a physical disability.
1) The Able Label Adaptive Clothing line uses discrete fasteners and high-quality fabrics. For the women in your life, there’s a cable knit poncho or quilted velcro gilet. For the men, how about a non-iron velcro dress shirt? Ships worldwide from the UK. Free returns available for your peace of mind.
2) The Uccello Kettle makes it safer and easier for someone with limited hand mobility to independently pour boiling hot water. The design is sleek, modern, and looks great on the countertop. Available at $79.95 on Amazon and shipping is free.
3) Anyone who uses a wheelchair can express their personal style with the Izzy Wheels’ wheelchair wheel covers, all designed by world-famous artists and fashion designers. (139 euros, about $155 US).
4) This compact, powerful 3D rotating massage pillow from Viktor Jurgen gives deep-kneading shiatsu massage to relax overused and tight muscles. Fits perfectly behind neck, shoulder, lower and upper back, abdomen, calf, and thigh areas. Gentle heating function soothes aching muscles and can be turned on and off with ease ($39.95 on Amazon).
5) Anyone who has an iPod, iPhone, or Apple Watch can control the physical aspects of their environment easily with the Apple HomeKit using touchscreen or voice commands, such as The Philips Hue White Starter Kit and the iDevices Thermostat (both $99).
6) This super big, weighted pen is great for those with tremors, Parkinsons, or similar challenges. Helps to control involuntary motion so the user can write smoothly and clearly (just $14.97 on Amazon).
7) For book lovers, you can’t go wrong with the Kindle Oasis. It’s waterproof. And has Audible, so they can listen to a huge library of audiobooks, anywhere ($199.99 on Amazon).
8) Send your loved one on any of these Adaptive Adventures of a lifetime: alpine skiing, snowboarding, cycling, kayaking, water-skiing, whitewater rafting. For children, adults and veterans with physical disabilities and their families. Prices vary. 877-679-2770.
9) One last idea: Forget all about your family member or friend’s physical disabilities, and give them something that relates to one of their hobbies or something they just love to do.
At Bussani Mobility, we like to be a go-to resource for our customers and friends for all things related to their mobility, not just their wheelchair accessible van. One way we do that is by providing Helpful Links on our website to other companies and resources that can help out with the challenges of daily life.
Good luck with your gift-giving this year!