Types of Vehicles Available
There are many options for accessible rentals, but the most common is the minivan. Wheelchair vans with a lowered floor conversion include an automatic or manual wheelchair ramp, along with other features to assist you with your mobility challenges.
Another option that is popular to rent is a full-sized van, especially for those traveling with families, large groups of people, or medical equipment and additional cargo.
There are also commercial wheelchair buses that can be rented for groups traveling with multiple wheelchair users.
Questions That You Should Ask
When choosing a rental wheelchair van, there are many questions that you might not know you need to ask. The more information that you have, the better prepared you will be to make a good choice. Here are some questions to keep in mind:
- What are the rental rates?
- How much mileage is included? And what happens if I go over it?
- How many people can the van seat – both ambulatory and using a wheelchair?
- Is the height of the van compatible with my wheelchair’s specifications?
- Do I need insurance?
- What date and time do I need to pick up and return the vehicle?
- Do you offer a drop-off and pick-up service?
- Are you running any special promotions now for rentals?
No matter which accessible van you ultimately decide on, make sure that you are renting from a reputable dealer. Bussani Mobility provides reliable and dependable wheelchair vans – and we always keep our fleet in tip-top shape. We want to help you fulfill your life’s daily tasks, and get to your destinations conveniently. We encourage you not to avoid the things you enjoy doing because of mobility challenges. Our mobility consultants will help you choose the best rental for your needs.